LENNOX ISLAND FIRST NATION COVID-19 NOTICE, December 29, 2021
Due to the rising cases of Covid 19 in PEI the following is for your immediate attention and information!
IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19:
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, call 8-1-1to be screened. If you meet the criteria for an assessment, you will receive a call directly from the Cough and Fever clinic to book an appointment.
- Charlottetown, 64 Park Street: Monday and Wednesday 1 – 4 p.m.; Friday 8 – 12 p.m.
- Summerside, Slemon Park:Tuesday and Thursday 1 – 4 p.m.
- Stay home (isolate) to avoid spreading it to others
- If you live with others, stay in a separate room, or keep a 6 feet distance
TESTING – the best test for anyone with symptoms of Covid-19 is a lab-based PCR test. If you have symptoms of Covid-19 (even mild ones), please visit one of the Covid-19 Drop-in Clinics in O’Leary and Slemon Park. Please check ahead for scheduled times as they may change each week by clicking or typing in the following link (https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/health-and-wellness/covid-19-testing-in-pei) or call 902-368-6414 if you do not have access to a computer.
SELF-TEST KITS- are available for those with limited access to provincial testing clinics, and households with school age children who cannot yet be vaccinated. Self-test kits use only a shallow nasal swab (2cm) to collect a sample and can provide results in as little as 15 minutes. Anyone who tests positive using any self-test kit must immediately self-isolate and visit a provincial testing clinic to have the results confirmed with a lab based test.
If you need a Self-test kit before the Lennox Island Health Centre reopens on January 4th , please contact Shelly (902) 439-3075 between 8:30am – 4:00pm Monday to Friday to arrange to have one dropped off.
We will be delivering medical grade masks to each household on Thursday, December 30th, 2021.
With the recent rise in Covid-19 cases, we would like to encourage people to use the following precautions:
- Get vaccinated for COVID-19 or to receive a booster as soon as you’re eligible
- book an appointment please call Lennox Island Health Centre and leave a message with your phone number (902) 831-2711
- https://pe.skipthewaitingroom.com/walk-in-clinic-provider/vaccination-clinic Please use this link to book an appointment at Covid Vaccine Clinics throughout PEI. You can also book by phone: 1-844-975-3303
- https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/booking-your-covid-19-appointment-at-a-pharmacy this link provides the information about which pharmacies are providing Covid Vaccination Clinics, along with how to book.
- Practice physical distancing (6 feet)
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands
Your risk of severe illness may be higher if you are unvaccinated or have a weakened immune system. This may be the case for: older people or people with chronic disease (for example: diabetes, cancer, heart, renal, or chronic lung disease). Please take extra care to limit your exposure.
Exposure sites will no longer be listed on the Health PEI site, consider all sites as exposure sites.
December 28, 2021 PEI Covid Stats:
- PEI has reported 118 new cases of COVID-19.
- There are currently 410 active cases of COVID-19!
The Omicron Variant is very contagious so please everyone be extra careful. Stay Safe and be kind!